Polycom Phone Setup, if you’re trying to arrange your Polycom phone with your Switchvox telephone and experience any of these problems, please follow the instructions below.
1. Telephone should not be visible in the Unknown Phones section of Phone Setup
2. Telephone reports: “Couldn’t contact boot server.”
3. Telephone reports on ‘Mistake Stacking CFG’ and steady boot cycle
4. Another explanation.
This guide is a comprehensive guide to help you set up a Polycom phone with your Switchvox. If you have any questions about provisioning a Polycom phone with your Switchvox, this guide will walk you through the same interaction.
This report will guide you through the steps to resolve most problems with Polycom or Snom phones that have not been appropriately provision using the Phone Setup process. Also, if you call Switchvox support for assistance with Phone Setup, these are the steps that a delegate from Switchvox will guide you through. Please take it one step at a time and do not skip any steps.
Before we start the central part of our investigation, there are many factors and subjects that we need to be aware of.
Remote Phones: These telephones are not connected to the same section of your PBX. This could be different subnets, VLANs, or telephones in a separate area than the PBX. Polycom Phone Setup, although remote phones can be taken via the telephone arrangement process, we want to ensure that all correspondence ports are accessible on all organizations and organization fragments so that this association traffic does not go over. These ports are essential for a telephone to interface with your SwitchvoxPBX from a distance.
UDP 10,000 – UDP 20,000
These ports must be accessible to the organization associated with the telephone. Therefore, traffic over these ports should be sent directly to the IP Address for your PBX at the organization with which it is associate.
VOIP Network Features: Many devices, including switches, firewalls, and a few switches, have features designed to help with VOIP traffic. Polycom Phone Setup, these elements may be helpful, but experience has shown that they can sometimes cause VOIP correspondence or telephone enlistment problems.
Here’s a list of VOIP highlights Switchvox may have experienced in the past.
SPI (Stateful Package Inspection)
Taste ALG (SIP Application Layer Gateway)
Brilliant Packet Detection
Switch to Choice 66
These elements should be disable on all organizations that have them.
Existing Phones: If telephones are associate with your Switchvox, we must confirm that they can be made/receive calls to them. If the telephones you currently have are not able to communicate with the Switchvox PBX, this could indicate that there may be a more complicated issue.
If some telephones are associate with the PBX, but others are not, it is essential to identify whether the telephones are not in our vicinity or far away from the PBX. Polycom Phone Setup, it is also possible to interface with another phone in the same area or remote as the PBX if all other telephones cannot associate with it.
If this is the primary telephone we associate with Switchvox’s PBX, we strongly recommend that you use a private phone.
Designed Phones: If you tried to get the telephone set up through the Phone Setup interaction, but it fail, the chances are good that the telephone’s MAC address has been moved beyond the Unknown Phones section of the Phone Setup page. We need to reset any progress made in the Switchvox programming regarding Phone Setup before investigating the steps for managing the phone.
It shouldn’t be too difficult to navigate in the Switchvox website-connection point towards System Setup > Phone Setup. First, check the “Unconfigure Phones” and “Arrange Phones” segments for this telephones MAC Address. If we find the telephone in these rundowns, please snap on the checkbox to the right of the MAC Address. Next, click on the red “Reject checked phones” or “Unconfigure checked phones” button at the top of the page. Polycom Phone Setup, this will take the phone back to the Unknown Phones List.
Once we have verified that the phone company has opened the appropriate ports to reach your PBX and establish that all current telephones are enlisting, we can now focus on the particular phone we are having difficulty with. Below, in numerical request, are the steps Switchvox Support decide would allow us to take your phone through the Phone Setup process.
* When the telephone is restarting, you will see the time and date on the LCD screen. Please note that an unacceptable date and time might be display, but this is normal. Follow the above instructions, but kindly choose “Reset Local Configure” this time. After selecting the reset option, the phone will automatically restart after a few seconds. If the reboot process is not too complicate, wait for the phone to complete before you continue.
* If the procedure of resetting the telephone to its default settings causes the phone to reboot constantly. Also, we will need to attempt to power the phone to download new design data from Switchvox. We will perform a couple of investigating requests to accomplish this.
* We want to make sure that Switchvox programming understands that it must push programming to this phone. We have already ask you to ensure that this telephone’s MAC address has been remove from the “Arrange Phones” or “Unconfigured” lists on the Phone Setup page. Polycom Phone Setup, the telephone’s Address should be list in the “Unconfigured phones” list to stop the reboot cycle. Next, we should look at the telephone’s container and click the “Affirm check Phones” button. If the MAC Address for the phone is present in the “Arrange Phones” list, then we should refer to the Configure Phones section at the top of the report to return it to “Obscure.” Then, we can confirm the telephone and move it to unconfigured.
* If the MAC Address of this telephone does not appear in any of the Phone Setup menus, then the Switchvox PBX cannot be use to stop the boot cycle. There are two options. You can either use your FTP server to add the telephone’s setup records or contact. Switchvox Support to discuss other options.
* The telephone will reboot at a time when the LCD screen shows “Welcome,” and the “Arrangement” button should be select. When you press the arrangement button, you will be prompt to enter a secret code which is 456, and then we will be taken to the Network Configuration menu options for the telephone. Polycom Phone Setup, the Network Configuration allows us to direct the phone to the PBX and set the Boot Server static. These setting adjustments can be made in two steps: Step 2: To point the telephone at the PPBX, and Step 5: Set the boot server. Please repeat these steps until you are satisfied with the results.
* However, the telephone should start downloading the setup records from the phone’s PBX as soon as it restarts. The date and time should appear on the LCD screen when the phone finishes restarting. (If the date and time are incorrect, don’t be alarmed. This is normal). Polycom Phone Setup, we should be able to close the phone setup by going through the Phone Setup. This will ensure that the telephone is communicating with the PBX efficiently.
* If the advances mention above fail to deliver the telephone from the consistent boot cycle. Then we are back at the point where it is best to stack arrangement documents using your FTP server. Or contact Switchvox support to discuss other options.
* Snom Directions
* The plant default settings may fluctuate when resetting a Snom phone to its original location. For any query visit My Country Mobile.
My Country Mobile is also Specialized in different products like CLI Routes, NCLI Routes, CC Routes, and VoIP Routes.
So My County Mobile provides the best virtual phone number services across the globe. Buy now with different city’s local numbers like 574 area code, 980 area code, 701 area code, and many more. Know more about GSM File Hosting Server & Join Meeting From Browser.