Call Blocking & Spam Prevention uses both an automatic spam blocking system, which applies to any call entering the platform, and user-level settings that provide more granular control over how calls to your number are handled.
Let’s look at call blocking and spam prevention in My Country Mobile(MCM).
My Country Mobile relies on the spam score tied to inbound calls to determine whether or not to allow them to reach an individual user. For example, inbound calls with a spam score of 100 (the highest possible) are automatically blocked from reaching users in My Country Mobile.
Reliable third-party sources feed information back to MCM on each inbound call, declaring the spam score.
Users can also control what occurs when a ‘spammy’ call reaches their MCM account. But, first, decide which types of callers are considered Spam and how they’re handled.
Navigate to Your Settings > Call Handling & Voicemail > Call Blocking & Spam Prevention.
Choose whether or not to prevent calls from anonymous callers, but callers already not in your Contacts list, and callers with a high spam score.
If you opt-in to prevent any of these calls, you’ll see these options for call handling:
- Send to voicemail and directly to the spam folder — no notification
- Calls will not ring your devices; missed calls and voicemails will automatically send to the spam folder in your inbox.
- Send to voicemail, but show me a real-time transcription
- Calls will not ring your devices; if the caller leaves a voicemail, you’ll see the transcript of the message to decide if the caller is essential or not
- Play caller’s name when I pick up (does not apply to callers already in your address book; callers will ask to state their name to connect
- Callers hear an IVR that says ‘Hello, please state your name after the tone, and MCM will try to connect your call’ before ringing your devices
Upon picking up, you’ll hear, ‘Hello, [name] is trying to reach you via MCM press 1 to accept this call also if you have any query so contact 240 area code.
Any changes will immediately take effect in the
navigate to Inbox > Spam.
You’ll see a list of calls marked as Spam. If the caller left a voicemail, you can listen to it or read the transcript.
If you’d like to unmark a call from a known contact or number because it is not Spam, open the drop-down alongside the call and select Not Spam.
Manage Blocked Contacts & Numbers
Navigate to Contacts > Blocked.
You’ll see a list of any contacts and numbers that are block. So Choose one, and you’ll see Unblock as an option in a banner at the top of the conversation thread. Visit also this Help Center article to learn more about blocking a number.
My Country Mobile is also Specialized in different products like Cloud Contact Center, SIP Trunking, and Call Center Solutions. Know more about Call Blocking & Spam Prevention.and My Country Mobile is also Offered a MCM Announces Asterisk 19 and FreePBX 16. Know more about DNS SRV Records SIP.